Nestled quietly in the West Indies just under the Bahamas, removed from all the daily stresses of modern life lies a secret tropical haven. The Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI) has 40 islands to explore, and only 8 of them inhabited by anything other than wildlife, allowing you to really enjoy the freedom and seclusion, and truly leave your footprints and worries behind in the otherwise untouched sand.
The islands are a diver’s paradise and with just one glance of its crystal clear waters and miles of powder white sand, you’ll understand why. With one of the world’s largest coral reefs, even beginners will be eager to get their feet wet and explore the beauties of the undersea world.
Providenciales, also known as “Provo” is the tourism capital with a wide range of accommodations, restaurants, and attractions, while Grand Turk and Salt Cay offer visitors a glimpse into Caribbean history and the rustic charm surrounding the islands.
Middle Caicos and North Caicos showcases the best of its exotic environment of lush green woodlands, and the biggest cave network in the Caribbean. The salt pond and inland marshes provide refuge and feeding grounds for migratory birds, flamingos, pelicans and great blue herons.
If you’re looking for something out of the blue for your upcoming wedding or honeymoon, consider tying the knot while scuba diving or snorkeling in the tranquil turquois sea with vibrant colours of aquatic life and coral reefs surrounding you.
Interested in another adventurous wedding idea? Take the plunge of 80feet into “The Hole”, a naturally formed massive limestone hole in Provo after saying “I Do”.
But if staying on land is more your cup of tea, there are miles of untouched white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters as a backdrop, enjoy a walk, hand in hand and bask in the marvel of the sunrise or sunset.
Contact your DestinationVows specialist to start planning your dream destination wedding in Turks and Caicos Islands.
- Photo identification/ passport id
- Birth certificate.
- From a certificate of no-impediment the registry, country/state where you reside.
- Affidavit of single status (office will provide form)
- Divorce decree
- Death certificate (if widow or widower) and, copy of marriage certificate verifying the marriage between the deceased spouse and declarant.
- Copy of legal status (work permit or immigration status)
- Two (2) declaration forms
- Application form for special license. (application form can be obtained from the registrar general's office or from any marriage officer)
- Copy of TCI immigration arrival and departure stamp
- Visitors or tourist must be in the Turks and Caicos 48hours before submitting application.
- Persons under the age of 21 years must have consent from parents or guardians.
- Application fee- $250.00
- Marriage license fee- $50.00
- All copies of documents must be notarized and sealed.
For more information contact:
81 Rumsey Road
Toronto, ON M4G 1P1
T:(416) 642-9771 TF: (866) 413-8875